Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Apples and Pants

Kezia has learned that if she reaches on her tip-toes, she can reach the apples on the counter. She is very comfortable helping herself. You would be surprised how many teeth-marked apples I find in the fruit bowl. That's a fair warning for anyone coming to visit!
Also, you may have noticed her trendy little fleece pants in the picture (as I'm sure you did). Who made such hip little things you may ask. That's right...I did:) And trust me, you do NOT want to order them. They are fleece, but turned out to be capris...not really a major fashion trend right now but I can see it coming in some day soon. They are also wide enough to fit 2 children in. The hem line is extremely creative (some would call it crooked) and the top elastic is snug (some would call it bunching and tight). They are officially Kezzie's "around the house" pants/capris. A friend from church so willingly offered to teach me how to sew (all of middle school home ec is LONG forgotten). I don't think she knew what she was getting into. I have three pair of matching pants because of course we cut them all out before actually sewing them. Thankfully she is very handy and found a way to alter the other pairs. They are the first pants I've made so naturally I am a little proud, even though they are atrocious. Kez doesn't seem to mind at all so she wears them at home...every day.
Seven little teeth that require brushing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this picture! in fact...I tried to take one just like it. miss you guys already! come visit us soon!