Tuesday, October 27, 2009

There are certain things that as a parent you can only hope to pass on to your children. Thankfully Kezzie has developed a very strong love of shoes, making Bud the odd man out. Actually, she almost has more than Bud does (and she only has 2)! The other day I was cleaning the kitchen and I thought, "My it sounds quiet." I peek around the corner only to notice a VERY proud little girl sitting on top of the shoe rack. Now, these are IKEA built shoe racks, not exactly your state-of-the-art heavy duty things. And it is wobbly. But it has become one of the best investments we have. Every day the shoes are methodically (well, sort of...they are pretty strewn) dumped off the top level and, with some exertion, although she is getting pretty fast, Kezzie clammers up on the rack and smiles goofily for awhile. On good days, she leaves one of her shoes up on the top so she has something to play with for awhile. Then she clammers back down, looks at the shoe rack, and clammers back up. It keeps her occupied for quite awhile. After discovering her the first day, I went back to my dishes, quite proud on the inside that my daughter had discovered this great little way of entertaining herself. I heard the grunts and groans for awhile and continued working. Things got quiet again so I thought I should have a peek, since she is so smart I wanted to make sure that she wasn't crawling up the bookcase or something. But no...I looked around the corner and started laughing again. She was playing peek-a-boo with the actual shoe shelf. I'm not sure if she thought the shelf was enjoying it or what. But she continued covering up her eyes and started yelling "Peek-a-boo" (which does not sound anything like peek-a-boo).



She even loves the thrift store shoes...my kinda girl:)

The latest and greatest use of the diaper basket: a seat for digging through the DVDs.

No comments: